Monday, November 24, 2008

"I'm Sorry, But Mr. Fletcher Is Not Available"

Dateline: Thursday, Nov. 13, 2008 at approx. 8:30 a.m., UAL Gate #76 @ LAX.

I think to myself, gee that looks like John Fletcher and his wife that just sat down over there in the same gate area for the flight to Kona this morning..... hmm... I think I will call his office to see if he is in.... ? !......

"Good morning, Fletcher, White & Adair, may I help you ?"

- Yes, may I speak to Mr. Fletcher, it's Mr. Maguire returning his phone call.

"I'm sorry, but Mr. Fletcher is on another line. Can I have him return your call ?"

- Yes, certainly. He has my number. Thanks. Goodbye.

Just a short while later "in flight" said John Fletcher, Zuma Attorney-LACo Zuma OL was found reading a novel by George Orwell and otherwise napping across a row of seats on the not even half full flight.




And on arrival, Fletch is found to indeed be available as he waves to his
entourage of lei-greeting wahines and fans, his waiting limo and quiver of surfboards in anticipation of the aforementioned blogged about "North Shore Storm Warning" previously posted on this Blog on 11.14.08...




(editor's note: it's amazing who you see skipping town on a thursday morning in the middle of November bound for the Hawaiian islands...)

No comments: